Information for Staff
Below is a list of our standard laptops /desktops pre-validated parts and solutions.
- To purchase a new computer or another piece of technology, submit your initial request to IT Services via an IT ticket request. Note: Your work order number (XX-XXX-XXX) must be provided to IT Services once your request has been vetted and approved. IT Services will submit your purchase requisition on your behalf through Unit 4. If further approvals are required, you will be notified by the Purchasing Department.
- Accessory peripherals (i.e. wireless keyboard, mouse, webcam, speakers) should be purchased through the campus bookstore. If your campus does not have a bookstore, please contact one of the campus bookstores located on Tenth Street, Silver King or Castlegar.
|Complete 14" Laptop Workstation Solution|
|Complete 15" Laptop Workstation Solution|
|Complete Desktop |
|Complete Conference |
|Wall Mount TV|
|Wireless Display Adapter |
General Delivery Methods and Guidelines
With each Purchase Requisition, you must complete the "date required" section of the form; Purchasing will request a quote accordingly. Delivery times will depend on shipment size and delivery method.
As a general guide:
- Smaller shipments via courier service (Purolator, UPS, Canpar, Fedex, Loomis)
- Ground shipment 5 - 7 business days (note, this does not include weekend days)
- Express shipment 2 - 3 business days depending on location of vendor (2 days for western provinces, 3 days for eastern and/or US)
- Larger shipments via trucking companies (Overland, Clark Freightways, Van Kam)
- 2 - 7 business days depending on location of vendor (2 - 3 days for western provinces, more for eastern and / or US).
* All shipments from outside Canada, including the US, will take longer and may be delayed during customs clearance.
* Anything other than a standard or ground shipping method will cost more, so this needs to be factored into your total estimate when preparing a requisition.