Information for Staff
Below is a list of our standard laptops /desktops with pre-validated parts and solutions.
- To purchase a new computer or another piece of technology, submit your initial request to IT Services via an IT ticket request. IT Services will submit your purchase requisition on your behalf through Unit 4. If further approvals are required, you will be notified by the Purchasing Department.
- Accessory peripherals (i.e. wireless keyboard, mouse, webcam, speakers) should be purchased through the campus bookstore. If your campus does not have a bookstore, please contact one of the campus bookstores located on Tenth Street, Silver King or Castlegar.
Guidelines for Purchase Orders
- Ideally orders will be placed well in advance of an employees start date (6-8 weeks)
- Supervisors are encouraged to purchase laptops for most staff to increase flexibility and support diverse work models including hybrid and remote.
- There is a limited staff refresh budget available for upgrading existing staff computers. Departments are encouraged to fund purchases wherever possible. If funding assistance is required, decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and generally do not cover the entire cost of the purchase.
- Purchases for new employees or part-time employees are the responsibility of the department if there is not an existing device available within the department. These purchases are not eligible for staff refresh funds.
- Purchase requests should be managed through supervisors. Determination of who is issued a Selkirk College device is at the discretion of the supervisor, based on existing resources at the work location (computer availability), FTE, and available funding.
- Additional monitors and docking stations are a cost to the department (if required).
*Cost fluctuates and is given as an estimate only. Final costs are determined for each specific purchase
|Wall Mount TV
General Delivery Methods and Guidelines
With each Purchase Requisition, you must complete the "date required" section of the form; Purchasing will request a quote accordingly. Delivery times will depend on shipment size and delivery method. Fiscal year end purchase requests must be submitted no later than February 28.
As a general guide:
- Smaller shipments via courier service (Purolator, UPS, Canpar, Fedex, Loomis)
- Ground shipment 5 - 7 business days (note, this does not include weekend days)
- Express shipment 2 - 3 business days depending on location of vendor (2 days for western provinces, 3 days for eastern and/or US)
- Larger shipments via trucking companies (Overland, Clark Freightways, Van Kam)
- 2 - 7 business days depending on location of vendor (2 - 3 days for western provinces, more for eastern and / or US).
* All shipments from outside Canada, including the US, will take longer and may be delayed during customs clearance.
* Anything other than a standard or ground shipping method will cost more, so this needs to be factored into your total estimate when preparing a requisition.