Need More Help?
For IT support, visit the IT Service Centre or dial 55255 from a College phone.
- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This functionality allows Supervisors to add to People Planner leaves and/or work assignments not submitted through the Absence module, to provide a complete overview of departmental staffing activities. Examples may include Gradual Returns to Work (GRTW), backfill assignments/vacation coverage, etc).
For the example below, the supervisor is creating an assignment to record an employee medical leave.
- Right click on the applicable box and choose, "New assignment":
- A new box will appear, complete the following sections under the "Assignment" Tab:
- Name the Assignment
- Select "Duration" or "Effort" (the example indicates duration)
- Identify Start and End Dates
- Project: This is a required field, but currently has no GL implications
- Click "OK" at the bottom of the screen, and then you will see this summary page. The system will auto-populate the schedule for these dates based on the employee's work schedule (i.e. 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM).
Click "OK" at the bottom of the screen to save. The assignment will now display in your People Planner:
Tip icon false
Another alternative would be to use this module to actually record assignments, such as an employee working as backfill for another employee.
Note: Records generated by the Absence Module display in YELLOW, records added manually display in PURPLE.